Recycling Equals Reducing
Why Recycling Computers Amounts To Reducing Waste: When you recycle a computer or laptop that gets refurbished, it will be reused. The EPA has some information about the benefits of recycling for reuse – here – .
Some Benefits of Reducing and Reusing
(From the EPA Website)
- Reduces greenhouse gas emissions that contribute to climate change.
- Prevents pollution caused by reducing the need to harvest new raw materials.
- Saves energy.
- Reduces greenhouse gas emissions that contribute to global climate change.
- Helps sustain the environment for future generations.
- Reduces the amount of waste that will need to be recycled or sent to landfills and incinerators.
- Allows products to be used to their fullest extent.
- Saves money.
Refurbishing For ReUse Is Reducing
When A Computer Is Refurbished It Reduces Materials Needed For Manufacturing A New One: Computer Recycling Seattle refurbishes for reuse as many recycled computers, laptops, Macbooks, iMacs, and other devices possible. A lot of the computers and laptops we get in are usable in today’s world and deserve a second life. It is up to us to make a recycled computer ready for another user to get years of use out of it. Guess what? That is exactly what we do.
Think Green When You Shop For Computers
Purchasing A Used Refurbished Computer Is Helping Fight Climate Change: Yes, that is right. When someone buys a used computer they are fighting climate change. The amount of greenhouse gas created mining the raw materials, then processing the ore, and manufacturing every component is massive. This can all be avoided when someone buys a good used refurbished computer. Computers are in most cases assembled overseas and shipped to where we are. This takes a lot of effort, and creates a lot of greenhouse gas. A person buying a locally refurbished computer reduces all of this.